Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> on 2011/08/19 21:36:22 UTC

Re: Oozie incubator

On Aug 18, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Mohammad Islam wrote:

> Hi Chris/Alan,
> Olga has granted the karma for us.
> She told me that I have to create the oozie project page something similar to http://incubator.apache.org/hcatalog/.
> Is it right?
> I read some related documents and created an initial file at site-author/projects/oozie.xml.
> Want to know your opinion on this before committing.
>
> Looks like there are few other steps TBD:
> 	• Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules (I think it is done!)
The top level oozie directory existed.  I've added branches, site, tag, and trunk directories under oozie to match the standard Apache format.  You should now be able to do "svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oozie/trunk" and start laying out your code in this directory.  Take a look at HCatalog's repo (svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/hcatalog/trunk) on how to lay out your code.  Don't look at Hadoop's, as there's is complicated by the whole common/hdfs/mr split.

Has Yahoo turned in the SGA for Oozie?  If not, you shouldn't check in the code until it does.

If you haven't already, you should subscribe to the lists.  You can do this by sending email to oozie-dev-subscribe@incubator.apache.org (same for users, commits, private by substituting these for dev in the address).

> 	• Ask infrastructure to set up wiki (Confluence, Moin).
You should pick one or the other of these.  File a JIRA with INFRA, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3524 for the example one with HCatalog.

I'll check this stuff off on the status page so people know how it's going.

Alan.