Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2000/10/05 02:17:25 UTC

"org.xml.sax.driver" System Property and duplicate files.

Issue #1: org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory relies on this System Property to be set. I don't
see a way to set it from outside. For example if we need to do this in Cocoon2 then the only way
is to set the environment variable CATALINA_OPTS which is picked up in catalina.bat or if we
modify the System Properties as shown in Xalan. Is this desirable?

        protected void setSystemProperties()
	{
	  Properties props = new Properties();
	  props.put("org.xml.sax.driver", "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");

	  Properties systemProps = System.getProperties();
	  Enumeration propEnum = props.propertyNames();
	  while(propEnum.hasMoreElements())
	  {
	      String prop = (String)propEnum.nextElement();
              if(!systemProps.containsKey(prop))
                  systemProps.put(prop, props.getProperty(prop));
          }
          System.setProperties(systemProps);
	}

Issue #2: org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.java is present in both Xalan and Xerces....

How can we resolve thes two issues?

Thanks,
dims
Thanks,