Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Shrikrishna Shrin <kr...@cooliris.com> on 2009/07/11 02:10:32 UTC

PIG 0.3.0 cron job fail

Hi all,

This might be a naive question but we have a cron job that runs a bunch of
nightly PIG jobs  and ever since we upgraded to PIG 0.3.0 the jobs started
failing because PIG tries to connect to the local file system instead of
HDFS. Running the job outside of cron works fine.

Example:
*script run via cron outputs:*

2009-07-10 01:08:26,122 [main] INFO
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine - Connecting
to hadoop file system at:* file:///*
*
Running the same script outside of cron outputs:*

2009-07-10 16:57:58,543 [main] INFO
org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.HExecutionEngine - Connecting
to hadoop file system at: *hdfs://blah.com:54310*

Am I overlooking something? Should I be explicitly exporting some path in
cron? I haven't seen this issue with PIG 0.2.0.
Thanks,

Krishna

Re: PIG 0.3.0 cron job fail

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@cloudera.com>.
Krishna,
Generally speaking, this kind of thing happens when your environment
is different in the interactive shell and in cron.
Try dumping your environment to a file and looking for differences.
What version of Hadoop are you running?

-Dmitriy