Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by will pugh <wi...@sourcelabs.com> on 2006/08/01 00:19:26 UTC

Re: [rant] Memory options in VM -- why is the default not 'unlimited'

I would suggest

if -client
    1/2 physical memory available
if -server
    3/4 physical memory available

Seems like when you are using Java to run a client app, you need to play
more friendly with the apps around you.

If nothing is specified, should probabaly assume -client (since you
would hope folks are doing some amount of tuning before deploying).

    --Will