Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/08/06 14:18:58 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
>
> I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> we should be ok.

+0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..

An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
"@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

--Jeff

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> > to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> > to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
> >
> > I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> > we should be ok.
>
> +0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
> to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..

This is another Beta release.

> An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
> "@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
> long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
> time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
> volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Excalibur, and @since tags

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:25:23PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Excalibur has gone through the tests now without trouble, and have been upgraded
> > to using JUnit.  Although there are some nice reworkings of some of the tests
> > to make them more comprehensive, That shouldn't delay a release.
> >
> > I will enter in a few more comments in the Changes.xml file, but other than that
> > we should be ok.
>
> +0, changeable to +1 at the slightest hint of peer pressure ;) I'd like
> to play with javadocs some more. But that's a neverending thing..
>
> An issue: would it be a good idea to go through all the classes and add
> "@since 4.0" tags? I find such version indications really useful in
> long-lived APIs, as one would hope Excalibur becomes. Now is the ideal
> time for such an addition, on the brink of a first non-beta release. I
> volunteer to make such changes, if deemed desirable.

+1 good idea