Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Hs <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 10:03:21 UTC

How to configure hadoop-env.sh/hbase-env.sh using Ambari

Hi all,
  I am trying Ambari 1.4.2 to setup a Hadoop cluster and it's really
helpful.
  When I try to configure items in hadoop-evn.sh/hbase-env.sh( e.g. change
JVM parameters, add jars to hadoop classpath), it seems that Ambari only
exposes a small set of configuration items in web UI.   Is it possible to
manually configure hadoop-env.sh/hbase-env.sh in the master node and then
use Ambari to distribute them to the whole cluster ?
  Thanks !

Shawn

Re: How to configure hadoop-env.sh/hbase-env.sh using Ambari

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Shawn,

This is an old thread, but the current code in trunk supports full
configuration of *-env.sh files from the Ambari Web UI now.
This feature will be included in the upcoming 1.7.0 release.

Thanks,
Yusaku

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE