Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Evgeniy Romas <je...@orbita1.ru> on 2006/06/29 10:21:47 UTC

Access Denied! The problem.

I have the impression, that I've adjusted the SVN server incorrectly.

Can you explain me how to install and tune SVN step by step?

The tasks of SVN - are  multi-user work under the large projects on PHP
within the limits of one subnet, NOT Internet work...

The point is :

After your advices I switched off antivirus programs in two our
computers and reset the computers.

Created work-copy of repository in one of them, on SAMBA disk... And in
the other computer I just made one small modification into one of the
files of this repository...

During the trial of making the Commit in that computer where the
work-copy had been made, TortoiseSVN reported about the error to me.
About this error I already told you in my first letter:

Subversion reported an error while doing clean up!

In directory '[path_to_copy_of_repository]'

Error processing command 'commited' in '[path_to_copy_of_repository]'

Error replacing text-base of 'file.txt'

Can't set file
'[path_to_copy_of_repository].svn\tmp\text-base\file.txt.svn-base'

Read-write: access denied.

During this error  antivirus program was switched off at all.

Re: mailing list

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 7/3/06, Jiri Sindelar <ji...@etech.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unsubscribing from this mailing list is not functional  :(
>
> I sent email with empty subject and body to
> users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
> , but emails from this
> mailing list are comming still.

When you send that unsubscribe email you should get a response from
the mailing list software.  You have to respond to that mail to finish
the unsubscribe process.  Is it possible that the response was caught
by your spam filter or something?

-garrett

Posted by Jiri Sindelar <ji...@etech.cz>.
Hi,

Unsubscribing from this mailing list is not functional  :(

I sent email with empty subject and body to
users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
, but emails from this
mailing list are comming still.

I found only this info on web page
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList :

    here. If you're in doubt as to whether a post should go here or to
    'dev', then it should probably go here first -- people will suggest
    posting it to 'dev' if that's appropriate. Please DO NOT post
    TortoiseSVN questions to this list: TortoiseSVN is a separate
    project with its own mailing lists. ******** NOTE ******** TO SEARCH

Re: Access Denied! The problem.

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/06, urs hardegger <uh...@gmx.ch> wrote:
[snip]
> I encounter the same problem using working-copies on samba-drives.
> The reason this happens is due to problems when the svn-client tries
> to change the file permissions in the wc. As unix filesystems do
> allow permission changes on files only if the acting user is owner,
> windows uses special flags to promote this permission to non-owners.
>
> Usually the samba setup ensures read/write access to the connecting windows
> user (usually by group permissions). In my opinion the svn-client should
> try to perform the file-permission operations more carefully (i.e. the client
> should not fail and report an error upon "unnecessary permission changes"
> if the following operation works well !!)
>
> urs.

I don't think I was being clear -- Subversion never changes any
permissions on Windows.  It can't because the permission-changing
functions are not even implemented in APR on Windows.

The only thing Subversion changes on Windows is the read-only
attribute which is not a permission at all -- it is a file attribute
and is just a hint to the user.  If Samba has some difficulty
supporting this file attribute (maybe because of how they map it to
unix permissions or something) then that is a problem in Samba.

Can you recreate this problem on a local disk or on a native Windows
network share (not Samba)?  Perhaps it is a different problem than it
seems to be.

DJ

RE: Access Denied! The problem.

Posted by je...@orbita1.ru.
So? What you purpose for to do for accesses will be ok? I'm waiting for your
reply...
Thx!

--
urs hardegger | uhardegger@gmx.ch