Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by L P Luigi Espenlaub <lu...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/30 20:26:43 UTC

Forum log in problem, Locked out

I hope some one can help me.
I have not logged in or even been to
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/ucp.php?mode=login
for several months.
When I logged in the first time, I was informed:

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to
your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

After several attempts at solving the CAPTCHA I each time received the same
message.
I tried the "Send password" option and was informed:

The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found.

So I tried re-registering and got this:

The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.
The entered e-mail address is already in use.

Say What!
Just did all this again so I could copy and paste the exact messages.
I've almost forgotten the question I wanted to find an answer to.
If you are the wrong person, please forward this to the right one and/or
give me the correct email address.

Yours, Thoroughly Confused,
--
L P Luigi Espenlaub
luigiwriter2@gmail.com

Re: Forum log in problem, Locked out

Posted by Hagar Delest <ha...@laposte.net>.
Hi,

Thanks Rory for pointing out!

I've reset the password and sent it through the forum mail feature.
We have indeed suffered such issue in the past but it's quite rare. No root cause found so far. Perhaps a spammer trying to get control of your account.

Hagar

Le 30/06/2016  22:26, L P Luigi Espenlaub a crit :

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
I have forwarded this message to a Forum administrator who, I am sure, will examine the problem when he is next online

RoryOF

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>