Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/11 09:07:20 UTC

CI requiring approval for external contributors

Hi,

Recently, ASF GitHub repos had their defaults for GitHub Actions changed to
"always require approval for external contributors".

Airflow has recently submitted a ticket to have that changed back:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24200.

IMO, we should do the same. I don't think we have a problem with fake PRs,
but we can always improve our responsiveness to contributors from outside
the project!

Every little bit helps, including running CI automatically.
Another case is PR from Renovate to bump dependencies: currently every PR
requires manual approval.

If others have opinions on this, let me know. I'd like to raise our own
ticket to change our default.

Vladimir--
Vladimir

Re: CI requiring approval for external contributors

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 11/05/2023 10:07, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently, ASF GitHub repos had their defaults for GitHub Actions changed to
> "always require approval for external contributors".
>
> Airflow has recently submitted a ticket to have that changed back:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-24200.
>
> IMO, we should do the same. I don't think we have a problem with fake PRs,
> but we can always improve our responsiveness to contributors from outside
> the project!
>
> Every little bit helps, including running CI automatically.
> Another case is PR from Renovate to bump dependencies: currently every PR
> requires manual approval.
>
> If others have opinions on this, let me know. I'd like to raise our own
> ticket to change our default.

+1