Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 12:37:08 UTC

RSS feed for public timeline

I've been looking recently at various integration technologies and
thought RSS might be one option for the public timeline. What about
having a configuration setting, that a customer could decide whether
it is active or not.

We could probably re-use existing API code.

D.

Re: RSS feed for public timeline

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:

> > The public feed is already available via twitter api (
> > statuses/public_timeline.json) without authorization
>
> Yes, that's intentional, but even statuses/public_timeline.xml cannot
> be parsed by a feed reader...
>
> If we keep the same HTTP authentication setup, it will just work if we

this might be a problem when twitter shifts to OAuth (think this happens in
July?)

> use the twitter API convention to use the extension to determine the
> type of the response, e.g. public_timeline.rss, public_timemline.atom,
> etc.

Good idea

Re: RSS feed for public timeline

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.