Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> on 2021/12/27 13:20:38 UTC

document about Wayita

Hi:

I am cleaning up Infra's subversion repository. There is a file about
wayita, with instructions for setting up wayita on a fresh virtual machine,
at https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/docs/services.

The contents of the file are as follows:

===

Beyond what is already encoded in puppet (see manifest for svn-qavm2)
the following also needs to be done to setup wayita on a fresh VM.

Checkout the code for the bot from the Subversion repository it lives in
via:
sudo -H -u wayita svn co http://repos.borg.ch/svn/wayita/trunk
/home/wayita/wayita/wc

Make sure the conf file is put into /home/wayita/wayita/conf
Note that this conf file should never be placed in a widely reasonable
location since it contains the passwords for the nickserv and for the
repository the bot software is stored in.

Make sure the sqlite files are placed into /home/wayita/wayita/db.
Note there are two files one for #svn-dev in wayita.sqlite and one for
#asfinfra.

It may be desireable to pull across the the following other directories in
/home/wayita/wayita from the existing bot source, but it is not required for
operation of the bot.
  backup
  log

The contents of /home/wayita/wayita/sockets should not be duplicated as it
needs to be created by the bot on demand.

===

Do you folks want this file? May I delete it from our repo?

Thanks!

Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor
Infra
*Apache Software Foundation*
andreww@apache.org

Re: document about Wayita

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <ds...@apache.org>.
On 2021/12/29 12:50:16 Andrew Wetmore wrote:
> Hi, again:
>
> My colleagues at Infra suggest that we should move the files to Puppet, to
>
> https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/tree/production/modules/svnqavm_pvm_asf
>
> That is where you would need them, I understand, if you have to rebuild the
> virtual machine.
>
> Let me know if you see any issues with this. Otherwise I will move them in
> a day or two.

Hi Andrew,

Was this ever moved? I tried to check the infra repo but I got a 403 (I'm PMC member) but I can't see any changes in github.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Re: document about Wayita

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 7:50 AM Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, again:
>
> My colleagues at Infra suggest that we should move the files to Puppet, to
>
> https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-p6/tree/production/modules/svnqavm_pvm_asf
>
> That is where you would need them, I understand, if you have to rebuild the virtual machine.
>
> Let me know if you see any issues with this. Otherwise I will move them in a day or two.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, this is fine. Please let me know when the files move so I can
update our docs...

Thanks!

Re: document about Wayita

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org>.