Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Kugler <jo...@uaf.edu> on 2005/11/14 07:13:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Log Analyzer?

I've had good look with webalizer.  Works well, quite flexible, and as
detailed as you want to be, basically.

j----- k-----

On Saturday 12 November 2005 07:25, David P. Donahue wrote:
> I'm looking for some recommendations for freeware (open source a plus,
> but not really necessary) log analyzers.  I've found various projects on
> the subject around sourceforge and freshmeat, but I'm wondering if
> anybody's been happy with anything in particular.  Specifically, I need
> something that will output a little HTML-based (other formats a plus)
> summary with charts and graphs and such.  Kind of like this:
>
> http://www.the-sanctuary.info/logs
>
> Of course, I looked up that product and it costs far too many monies.
> Basically, I'm going to be hosting some websites for family and friends,
> and hopefully branching out into a small business as such.  I'd like to
> include a traffic analysis page like this for clients to help sell the
> service.
>
> Has anyone used something with which they've been pretty happy?
> Ideally, if it can run on Linux and have the analysis be cron-able (that
> is, doesn't require a GUI to be running) that would be awesome.
>

> Regards,
> David P. Donahue
> ddonahue@ccs.neu.edu

Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator
http://distance.uaf.edu/

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Can Anyone Recommend A Log Analyzer?

Posted by Sean Brown <se...@gmail.com>.
It was just announced that Google will be offer web analytics for free
as well.  They bought Urchin.  Urchin was a very capable commercial
product used by many ISPs.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

As for open source, I've always used the comination of Analog
(http://www.analog.cx/) and  Report Magic
(http://www.reportmagic.org/).  Works great!

Sean