Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com> on 2008/04/15 18:18:40 UTC

How to handle context sensitive user data

Hey All,

I'm having an issue with dealing with context sensitive Person data
within the PersonService

For example, since our application is designed from the bottom up to be
vhost enabled and ASP centric, it's not really safe to obtain user data
like "PROFILE_URL" or "THUMBNAIL_URL" without taking a peak at the
request, which is obviously not available.

For example, getting the portal's server name and port is not as simple
in our context because there might be 100 different vhosts... we might
be behind a load balancer where we need to gen urls without the port,
but we can't know this without looking at the "context" of the request.

Anyone know how this might be handled?

Raymond Augé
Software Engineer
Liferay, Inc.
Enterprise. Open Source. For Life.

Re: How to handle context sensitive user data

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
Nevermind... answer is Implement a custom "GadgetToken" and Decoder.

Thanks, Ray