Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Jan Bernhardt <jb...@talend.com> on 2013/01/16 15:53:21 UTC

[Discussion] New REST Service Interfaces

Hi all!

Since we haven't discussed new Service Interfaces, I will send you a couple of eMails within the next few days, to make sure we all agree on new service interfaces. You can watch current state in client module under package org.apache.syncope.services. Some methods are only present due to current implementation mappings, but could potentially be removed  while others could be optimized.
The Mails that I will sent to you will contain suggestions for different service interfaces on how they could be optimized.

We also should discuss Exception Handling for these Service Interfaces. Currently most exceptions in syncope are checked. This means we would have to insert a lot of catch statements, if we do not chance this. Andrei has already prepared some suggestions how to improve exception mapping in the future. Please take a look at [1] and give feedback via mailing list.

Best regards.
Jan