Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2004/02/04 01:15:56 UTC

Re: page out of date

At 11:32 AM 1/26/2004, Aryeh Katz wrote:
>http://apache.get-software.com/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html
>doesn't have the correct version numbers.

I see this is fix is committed already, thank you for the observation.

>As an aside, would it make more sense to use SSI, and get the version number from the SERVER_SOFTWARE environment variable (I assume apache.org will always be running the most up to date version of apache).

<chuckle> Short of the fact we usually run a more-up-to-date than current
version (some form of -dev, often 2.1-dev), we have two different current
versions, that of 1.3 and of 2.0.  I await feedback before blessing these
official releases - and this time there was no feedback to be blessed.
Became current just by default.

Bill