Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Martin Vogel <vo...@bi-web.de> on 2015/11/13 10:23:41 UTC

Override ActionParametersFormPanel.properties

Hi Dan,

since the TodoApplication_en.properties was mothballed am I right to assume that overriding the ActionParametersFormPanel.properties in an external property file or the AppManifest is not working anymore as well ?

I am trying to override the label descriptions of form actions. Referencing those via their message id inside a .po file didn't work either.

Thx in advance and best regards,
Martin

Am 02. und 03. Juni 2016 findet das BI.Kundenforum in der Villa Ida in Leipzig statt.
Die Themen: Geschäftskundenportal, Energie-Effizienzportal,  Beschaffungsportal für Großkunden, Marktpreisdatenbank, Business Intelligence Lösungen.
Weitere Informationen unter: https://www.bi-web.de/kundenforum

________________________________

BI Business Intelligence GmbH
August-Bebel-Str. 44
D-04275 Leipzig

Tel.: +49 341 30383-40
Fax: +49 341 30383-52
E-Mail: vogel@bi-web.de<ma...@bi-web.de>
www.bi-web.de<http://www.bi-web.de/>

Sie finden uns auch auf: Facebook     Google+     XING
________________________________
BI Business Intelligence GmbH, Leipzig Registergericht/Registered Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig Registernummer/Registered Number: HR 17142 Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer/Board of Managing Directors: Conrad Moeller, Jürgen Schubert

AW: Override ActionParametersFormPanel.properties

Posted by Martin Vogel <vo...@bi-web.de>.
Hi Dan,

thx a lot, the resource bundle approach worked just fine for me.

I created a folder structure inside the webapp resource folder following that pattern org.apache.isis.viewer.wicket.ui.components.actions. Inside there I could override the properties via an equivalent ActionParametersFormPanel.properties file.

Regarding the jira ticket, I would be more than happy to contribute to the project by completing it. But first of all I have to get familiar with the projects standards and the contributors guide ;-)

Cheers,
Martin

> since the TodoApplication_en.properties was mothballed am I right to
> assume that overriding the ActionParametersFormPanel.properties in an
> external property file or the AppManifest is not working anymore as well ?

No, at the moment we have a bit of a hybrid story when it comes to i18n.
Most of the i18n does indeed come from the .po files, however certain bits of the UI are "hard-coded", which is to say they rely upon Wicket's internationalization, namely resource bundles.  This includes ActionParameterFormPanel.properties.

There is actually a JIRA ticket [1] to complete the work of using our .po files everywhere, and I don't think it should be too much work.  We do have it scheduled for this next release 1.11.0.

> I am trying to override the label descriptions of form actions.
> Referencing those via their message id inside a .po file didn't work either.

It should work using the regular resource bundle approach; this is just "vanilla" Wicket.  Do report back as to whether if works or not for you, one way or another.

As for using the .po files, just a reminder that in prototype mode these default to "write" mode, so to use one needs to switch them to "read" mode (on the Prototyping menu),  In production mode the default is "read" mode.

HTH
Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1093

Re: Override ActionParametersFormPanel.properties

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Martin,