Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2018/11/06 15:05:49 UTC

Building (and running) Tomcat on MacOS

Re: Building (and running) Tomcat on MacOS

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Israel,

On 11/6/18 12:27 PM, Israel Timoteo wrote:
> How do you make Tomcat start automatically after your Mac
> restarts?

I don't :)

I think the best way is to use the Launch Deamon facility of macos.
Briefly, as root:

1. Create a file
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.tomcat.startup.plist with all the
appropriate settings
2. run "launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.tomcat.startup.plist"

To remove the load-on-start:

3. run "launchctl unload -w
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.tomcat.startup.plist"

- -chris

Posted by Geraldo Netto <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Maybe this article can help you: