Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dennis Riedel <de...@web.de> on 2005/06/02 12:07:50 UTC

Cocoon JDO with postgreSQL Primary Key Problem

Hello.
I use the Cocoon JDO implementation (Cocoon 2.1.7) and use a postgreSQL
8.0.3

My tables have a column of type SERIAL and the database fills it with
its own Sequence.

My field-descriptor looks like this:
<field-descriptor name="id" column="BT_ID" jdbc-type="INTEGER"
primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"
sequence-name="boothtypes_bt_id_seq" />

I added a sequence manager to my database definition as described in the
Sequence Manager Guide in the Apache DB Project (object/relational
bridge) for database based sequence implementations:
<sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl">
   <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="false" />
</sequence-manager>

To make my new object persistent I just get a persistance manager
instance, begin a transaction, call makePersistent(object) and close
transaction.

When I run my application, I get the following error msg and trace:
"This feature is not supported by this implementation"

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This feature is not
supported by this implementation
at
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformDefaultImpl.createSequenceQuery(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNextValImpl.createSequence(Unknown
Source)

I defined my postgreSQL database as a datasource in cocoon.xconf with
pooling enabled and I read that I must not use a SequenceManager with
own Key Generator when I am using a datasource...

Thx for any idea.