Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Timothy M. Lownie" <tl...@home.com> on 2001/07/05 23:06:37 UTC

Re: Enabling Mouse Events (2)

Hi,

Thanks Thierry Kormann for answering my previous question
on this issue. The main problem I've run into is when there are
mutiple 'views' for a single SVG document 'model'.

I added an EventListner for "click" events on an SVG DOM Element
within an JSVGCanvas component and it worked fine.

The problem is I've been setting up multiple views using a single
JSVGComponent as the 'model' and JGVTComponents as the
'views'.

Even though I've registered the same SVG DOM EventListeners
within the JSVGComponent and rendered it via

JGVTComponent.setGraphicsNode ( JSVGComponent.getGraphicsNode() )

(this works fine) I can't get the EventListeners on the JSVGComponent to
respond (fire) to Mouse Events occuring on the JGVTComponent 'views'.
So I started adding listeners directly to the GVT 'views' which I guess
was the wrong approach.

Is this there some way for Mouse Events on the GVTComponent 'views'
to bridge their way over to the SVGComponent Event Listeners?

Thanks again in advance.