Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Curt Johnson <Cu...@trcinc.com> on 2004/01/28 20:05:48 UTC

HTTP Headers and Cookies in SOAP Requests

I'm trying to use Header defaults and store cookies associated with Web
Service requests.
I'm using the nightly build from the 27th and have had no luck getting
the Headers sent or the Cookies stored and sent.
I'm using TCPMON from Axis (Listener mode) to verify data being sent
back and forth.

I have tried putting the HTTP Headers object in the simple controller
and in the thread group. I have gone over the scope documentation and
tried hand editing the test plan xml file.
I can send the plan file (it's small, 6k) if that will help.

Is there an issue with the Web Services Sampler that will not allow it
to use the HTTP Headers or Cookie Manager?
Is this simply an issue with my object order?

Any help is enormously appreciated,
Thanks,
Curt Johnson - cjohnson@trcinc.com
The Technical Resource Connection, Inc.
http://www.trcinc.com

Re: HTTP Headers and Cookies in SOAP Requests

Posted by peter lin <jm...@yahoo.com>.

typo in my response. That should say does not support HeaderManager.

peter lin

peter lin <jm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi curt,

thanks for the feedback and questions about the sampler. Currently, the sampler is very basic to put it bluntly. It doesn't support cookies yet and does use the header manager. The current implementation uses Apache Soap, but I am only using the basic stuff. I can add support for cookies, if you're willing to assit in testing it.

We're trying to get 2.0 out soon, so I don't know if I can get it done in time for 2.0. If that sounds good to you, please file a buzilla enhancement and provide a scenario of how you imagine it should work.

I haven't needed stateful webservices yet, so it was left out until someone needed it.

peter lin