Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by samurai241185 <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/27 11:16:54 UTC

Variable number of threads and ramp up periods and loops.

Hi Guys,

Is there any way by which i could have performance results for variable loop
or variable threads or variable ramp up periods?I dont want to let all or
either of them constraints changed every time.
Please come up with all possible solutions either in UI Mode or by command
line.

Thanks
Samurai

Re: Variable number of threads and ramp up periods and loops.

Posted by kblearner <sa...@citi.com>.
Hi Samurai,
Use
1. "_property" function OR
2. "__P" function OR
3. "-J<variable name>" in place of thread count, user count and ramp-up.

With '1 & 2', you have to ideally provide a value for the variable at a
single place (either in GUI or in external script).

With approach '3', you could provide the values at run time while
initializing JMeter from command line.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Re: Variable number of threads and ramp up periods and loops.

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi.

Speaking for myself, I was utterly unable to comprehend your initial
request. Try paraphrasing it more.

Also, please quote original content if it is critical for understanding
your *new* request (i.e., the one below) without troving the archive.

TIA,
Felix

Posted by samurai241185 <ab...@gmail.com>.