Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jorge <jo...@mailhub.homelinux.com> on 2006/09/19 16:14:40 UTC

svn commit command hangs

Hi,
I'm not able to commit changes to my repository because subversion will
just hang when I commit changes, all others commands work normally.

Any idea how to solve this? I have already uninstalled an installed back
subversion to no avail. I'm using the latest stable release on Debian sarge.

Thanks a lot
Jorge Alvarez

Re: svn commit command hangs

Posted by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/06, Jorge ALvarez <jo...@kanetti.fi> wrote:
> Hi
> It just hangs after I enter : svn ci folder_name -m "Commit". It doesn't
> send any file to the repository.
> I'm using subversion client

I assume you can ping and/or access the repository via HTTP?  For that
matter, I'm sort of assuming you're using HTTP as your protocol.  Is
that right?

Also, please 'Reply to All' when responding.  Others out there are
*far* more knowledgable than I am and may be more help if they see the
entire thread.

Re: svn commit command hangs

Posted by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/06, Jorge ALvarez <jo...@kanetti.fi> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> KeepAlive is turned on on the repository server.
> I forgot to mention in my post that svn was working perfectly previous
> to a server shutdown,  Hard to find where the bug could be if  there is
> not feedback on what may cause this behaviour. The only tool I may think
> of is strace, but it didn't actully help me any better.

Yeah, I tried tracing, too.  It didn't help me, either.  Do your
commits end up working and just not reporting back or do they fail
(either with a message or without)?

--

Rob Wilkerson

Re: svn commit command hangs

Posted by Rob Wilkerson <r....@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/06, Jorge <jo...@mailhub.homelinux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not able to commit changes to my repository because subversion will
> just hang when I commit changes, all others commands work normally.
>
> Any idea how to solve this? I have already uninstalled an installed back
> subversion to no avail. I'm using the latest stable release on Debian sarge.

I've had this problem, although for me it typically ended up in some
semi-obscure error.  In my case the problem was Apache rather than
Subversion.  Or the way Subversion communicates with Apache.  The
solution was to turn on Apache's KeepAlive directive (which was turned
off by default in my distro - FC5).

Hopefully this will solve your problem, too.

--

Rob Wilkerson