Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Hartmut Ferentschik <ha...@youramigo.com> on 2000/11/29 05:38:22 UTC

Serializing Java events ?

Hi all,

I installed soap2.0 and tried the examples -works fine!
But I still don't know if SOAP is suitable for my problem:

I have a applet containing a JTree. The TreeModel for this tree is
located on
a remote server. How can I now communicate with the remote TreeModel
without
using RMI, since I don't want any additional ports opened and all data
being trasferred
over HTTP ?
I hoped to be able to transfer the generated (Java) event objects using
soap, but I'm
not sure if this is possible. Is it possible to implement the Serializer
and Deserializer
interfaces (org.apache.soap.util.xml) for the relevant events? And would
this solve the
problem?
I would appreciate any help on this (including solutions without SOAP).
Besides
I'm desperately searching for more documentation on soap.

Thanks

Hardy