Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> on 2017/02/01 16:51:51 UTC

RE: Sling Health Checks

Yes, you are right.

I have quite a few scenarios where beyond the indicator that something is wrong, that the healthcheck provides me, I need to capture a value that to represent the scale of the problem. So that I can have analysis. I was hoping to have the option to provide that as part of the healthcheck rather than writing  two separate things. :)

All good.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> wrote:
> ...I was hoping to have the option to provide that as part of the healthcheck rather
> than writing  two separate things. :)

IMO measuring things and health checks are different concerns, so it
makes sense to handle them separately at the service interface level,
i.e. keep service interfaces simple and minimal.

Now, it might be possible already to create services which are both
health checks and JMX beans (or value providers for beans services),
keeping thing separate and clean at the service level while making
implementation easier. That's just a rough idea - I haven't checked
the details ;-)

-Bertrand