Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sr...@yahoo.com.INVALID on 2015/08/05 16:56:46 UTC

Why is my maven-compiler-plugin out of date ?

I downloaded the latest version of Maven from their site and am using it in Eclipse. But it seems my maven-compiler-plugin is out of date ie. version 3.1 while according to this page the most recent version is 3.3. First of all if I am using the latest version of maven why do I have to use an outdated plugin ? Secondly why is it out of date ? I looked up the Super-POM and nothing about the compiler plugin was referenced there.

Regards
Sreyan Chakravarty