Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> on 2007/08/13 17:05:40 UTC

in the process of releasing DVSL 1.0...

Hi. I'm in the process of releasing DVSL. No real problem for now except
that the JIRA site fell down and that I need to be in the apcvs group on
people.apache.org to deploy the jar to maven repositories.

The remaining of this mail goes deeper into some details.

Done for now:

* copied release files to /www/www.apache.org/dist/velocity/dvsl/1.0

* deployed DVSL dev site using velocity.zones scripts

  note: even after "newgrp velocity", maven was searching
for /export/home/velocity/.ssh/id_rsa, so, as the velocity user, I had
to:
  - "ssh-key -t rsa" in /export/home/velocity/.ssh
  - chmod g+rx /export/home/velocity/.ssh
  - chmod g+r /export/home/velocity/.ssh/id_rsa
  and to copy id_rsa.pub to my authorized hosts file on
people.apache.org

* created the DVSL release site directory and script

Not done yet:

 * deploy the DVSL release site (just waiting for the JIRA site to come
back online, it just went down)

 * update and deploy the velocity site (xdoc, doap file, news).

 * deploy the jar to maven repositories. I found the maven command in an
email from Henning:

mvn -Dfile=dist/velocity-dvsl-1.0.jar \
    -Drepository.id=apache.releases \
    -DpomFile=pom.xml \
    -Durl=scpexe://cbrisson@people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync/repository \
    deploy:deploy-file

but I don't have enough karma on people.apache.org (apcvs group needed IMO).

 * other things I may have forgotten?

One remark: all the URLs in the current doap_dvsl.rdf file end
with /devel/, while others don't...

    for instance :

      <Project rdf:about="http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/">
        <name>Anakia</name>
        <homepage rdf:resource="http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/" />

    both the about and homepage URL point to
http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/ whereas this URL points to an empty
page. In fact, only http://velocity.apache.org/engine/index.html does
contain something. You guessed my question: shoud we put some content in
http://velocity.apache.org/anakia, http://velocity.apache.org/texen,
http://velocity.apache.org/tools and http://velocity.apache.org/dvsl ?
Or should we use /devel/ links in the doap/rdf file when this index is
empty?

My suggestion: add short descriptions for all subprojects, modeled after
engine/index.html, that serve as a subproject home. When this is ready
I'd even like to replace the "Development" menu section with a
"Subprojects" one, linked to those homes rather than directly to
the /devel/ site. Otherwise those new subprojects homes are not
accessible from the main index, and adding both "Development" and
"Subprojects" menu sections is rather heavy.

 Claude

Re: in the process of releasing DVSL 1.0...

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Le mardi 14 août 2007 à 05:57 -0700, Will Glass-Husain a écrit :
> Claude,
>
> I've been meaning to add .htaccess files to redirect each high level product
> directory to the latest release.  How does this sound?

+1, that's straightforward and rather logical.

  Claude

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
i'd like this a lot.  Let's make sure to add notes about this in all
relevant docs, so these don't turn stale.

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Claude,

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
Le lundi 13 août 2007 à 17:05 +0200, Claude Brisson a écrit :
> Not done yet:
>
>  * deploy the DVSL release site (just waiting for the JIRA site to come
> back online, it just went down)

Done.

>  * update and deploy the velocity site (xdoc, doap file, news).

Done, waiting for the changes to be picked up for a last check.

>  * deploy the jar to maven repositories.

Done also. Signatures checked.

Maven was ignoring the "cbrisson@" part so I had to create a fake local
user, and there was a typo in the command (m2-ibiblio-rsync/repository
should have read m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository).