Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sergio Ramírez <sr...@ugr.es> on 2015/11/03 11:49:33 UTC

Unchecked contribution (JIRA and PR)

Hello all:

I developed two packages for MLlib in March. These have been also upload
to the spark-packages repository. Associated to these packages, I
created two JIRA's threads and the correspondent pull requests, which
are listed below:

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5184
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5170

These remain unassigned in JIRA and unverified in GitHub.

Could anyone explain why are they in this state yet? Is it normal?

Thanks!

Sergio R.

--

Sergio Ramírez Gallego
Research group on Soft Computing and Intelligent Information Systems,

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a
su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado,
queda notificado que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin
autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el
caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega
notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la
dirección electrónica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s)
confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its
recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed
that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without
authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect.
If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify
the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.

Re: Unchecked contribution (JIRA and PR)

Posted by Sergio Ramírez <sr...@ugr.es>.
OK, I'll do that. Thanks for the response.

Posted by Joseph Bradley <jo...@databricks.com>.
Hi Sergio,

Posted by Sergio Ramírez <sr...@ugr.es>.

Posted by Jerry Lam <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Sergio,

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Generally speaking, the default disposition of any PR or JIRA is
"won't merge" until proven otherwise. This is especially true of
large, stand-alone features like a new ML algorithm. I believe the
lack of traction means there is not interest in adding this to Spark
and so these issues should be closed. It is no judgment on the quality
or usefulness of the idea; it's an indication that this should live
outside Spark for now.