Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org> on 2016/09/27 20:28:36 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC0)

Hi folks,

I have created a release candidate RC0 for the Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 release
(the next maintenance release in the 2.6.x release line). Below are the
details of this release candidate:

The RC is available for validation at:
http://home.apache.org/~sjlee/hadoop-2.6.5-RC0/.

The RC tag in git is release-2.6.5-RC0 and its git commit is
6939fc935fba5651fdb33386d88aeb8e875cf27a.

The maven artifacts are staged via repository.apache.org at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1048/.

You can find my public key at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS.

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for the usual 5 days.
Huge thanks to Chris Trezzo for spearheading the release management and
doing all the work!

Thanks,
Sangjin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC0)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sangjin:

Thanks for preparing the release. Notice these lines
in CHANGES-YARN-2.6.5-RC0.txt:

<<<<<<< HEAD
>     YARN-4434. NodeManager Disk Checker parameter documentation is not
> correct.
>     (Weiwei Yang via aajisaka)
>
> Release 2.6.2 - 2015-10-28
> =======
>     YARN-3893. Both RM in active state when Admin#transitionToActive
> failure
>     from refeshAll() (Bibin A Chundatt via rohithsharmaks)
>
> Release 2.7.1 - 2015-07-06
> Admin#transitionToActive failure from refeshAll() (Bibin A Chundatt via
> rohithsharmaks)

Thanks,

John Zhuge
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
I am canceling the vote for RC0, and will put up RC1 with the fixed
CHANGES.txt files soon. Thanks everyone!

Sangjin

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
-0 (binding)

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified checksums and signatures of the tarballs
- Built source with Java 1.8.0_101 on Centos 7.2 with native
- Built source with Java 1.7.0_79 on Mac
- Verified licenses and notices using verify-license-notice.sh
- Deployed a pseudo cluster

- Ran basic dfs, distcp, ACL, webhdfs commands
- Ran MapReduce workcount example
- Ran balancer

Thanks,
John

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
-0 (binding)

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ming!

I know it's getting late on Friday, but I'd like to ask you folks to take a
little time to check out the release candidate and vote on it. That would
be fantastic. Thanks!

Sangjin

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ming!

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ming!

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ming!

Posted by Ming Ma <mi...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Ming Ma <mi...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Ming Ma <mi...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Ming Ma <mi...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Trezzo <ct...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Lei (Eddy) Xu

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
-0 (binding)

Posted by Lei Xu <le...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Lei (Eddy) Xu

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Sangjin:

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@hotmail.com>.
I am not sure whether we can stop RC or not. But it will be good to have all commits in CHANGES.txt.

Theoretically it should be fine to ensure  bythetime vote pass(As there are no source code commit missed).Let's somebody else pitch in this.

Bytheway for branch-2.7, I raised HADOOP-13670 to track and even I sent mail for attention.

Thanks And Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula

________________________________

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.