Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT> on 2011/11/15 07:59:53 UTC

Just for clarification for myself :-)

Hi ...

Yesterday a customer asked me about the structure of jackrabbit in the svn.
He want to build jackrabbit and looked first in the docu of our homepage.

He found... "The source tree is divided in standard parts: trunk, branches, tags and commons (more info about commons)."

In the commons we have
jcr-rmi/
jcr-servlet/
and some others...

I told him that we also have structured our jira in that way
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR <- main jackrabbit
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRRMI <- commons project
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRSERVLET <-commons project

but then he found in our trunk these projects
jackrabbit-jcr-rmi/
jackrabbit-jcr-servlet/
and also the components in jira

shame on me but i could not explain him why it is so ...

so maybe someone could explain it me :-)

thanks
claus

AW: Just for clarification for myself :-)

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
hi jukka

thank you for clarification!

greets
claus

Re: Just for clarification for myself :-)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:59 AM, KÖLL Claus <C....@tirol.gv.at> wrote:
> so maybe someone could explain it me :-)

The confusion is a result of the Jackrabbit JCR Commons [1] idea from
a few years back. That idea didn't really work so well in practice, so
for Jackrabbit 2.0 we ended [2] up bringing some of those components
back to trunk. I guess we should clean up the loose ends in svn and on
the web site.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qqlvlwpgi5oauak6
[2] http://markmail.org/message/vneptkwd4iwfdjmc

BR,