Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/01 05:34:00 UTC

Re: Please disable continuum

I've disabled the schedule.

To be able to remove the "on error" notifier, we need to remove the
dev@commons.apache.org noitifer from the parent POM and control it via
the continuum UI.

- Brett

2008/5/1 Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>:
> On 4/30/08, Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> wrote:
>  > Moreover the notifications of build error due SCM failures are useless.
>  > That's not the kind of error one expects to be reported by a continuous
>  > integration tool. I don't know if it's possible to disable just this type of
>  > notification.
>  >
>  <snip/>
>
>  Yes, that'd be good. I am in favor of continuum having such a thing ;-)
>
>  -Rahul
>

>  >  Emmanuel Bourg
>  >
>  >

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: Please disable continuum

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/08, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/2 William Bonnet <wi...@wbonnet.net>:
>
> > Hi
>  >
>  >
>  > > +1
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  >  Why don't yu just add a filtering rule in your email client ? I have one to
>  > move all continuum and svn commit emails to a special folder. It can also be
>  > also automatically deleted by such a rule.
>  >

> It will still fill up the mail archives though - and they are not
>  always as easy to filter.

<snip/>

Yup, the idea is to selectively turn off only "on error" messages (as
Brett described), so we still get build success and failure notations,
but we don't flood all subscribers (and archives) with hundreds of
messages within hours when say, continuum can't get to svn.

-Rahul

Re: Please disable continuum

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Bonnet <wi...@wbonnet.net>.
Hi

Posted by Jin Mingjian <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Please disable continuum

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/5/2 Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>:
> 2008/5/2 Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>:
>
> >  As an aside, did something change on the continuum UI permissions
>  >  scheme? ISTR being able to click on links in my Inbox to follow build
>  >  reports, such as:
>  >
>  >  http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=82964&projectId=169
>  >
>  >  which now gets me an authorization error. Is it now required to create
>  >  an account and sign in etc.? TIA.
>
>  The permissions are correct - not sure why that isn't working... will
>  take another look after upgrading to a newer version.

I have a login, and I'm sure I could see (but not change) all the
projects until quite recently.
Now I can only see the one I'm a member of (HttpComponents).
That is perhaps a manifestation of the same problem.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/08, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/30/08, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I've disabled the schedule.
>  >
>  >  To be able to remove the "on error" notifier, we need to remove the
>  >  dev@commons.apache.org noitifer from the parent POM and control it via
>  >  the continuum UI.
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Thanks. I think it makes sense to remove it, and will do so.

Done, in r652870. Should be part of v10, at which point we'll need
appropriate configuration via the continuum UI.

-Rahul

Re: Please disable continuum

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.