Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/26 17:50:11 UTC

request for components to be rolled into the main release...(jumpstart, tacos, contrib, etc)

Hi there --

Please consider this a vote to roll the tacos and contrib components into
the main release. Having lots of scattered component libraries around means
that newbie developers like me start implementing something that has already
been done before.

For example, I just found the jumpstart project and am looking to use its
redirect-after-post feature. Would have saved me some time I think if this
was part of the main tap release.

Thanks guys I hope to be able to contribute soon myself.

-Pat

Re: request for components to be rolled into the main release...(jumpstart, tacos, contrib, etc)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please everyone if you can spare the time to go there and click on the
"vote for it link" we would all be very grateful.

Having some of these items as easily accessible Tapestry sub-projects would
have to be a good thing for everyone in the community. Go vote!

Posted by Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com>.
O.k. I voted !

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com>.
oh I understand about posting a patch in JIRA... but its not my code! it is
Kent's code. I figure you know him better than I. Or maybe he is on the
list?

Re: request for components to be rolled into the main release...(jumpstart, tacos, contrib, etc)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to see a few bits and pieces of different projects make their way
into Tapestry directly - or as s sub-project as well.

Most of them are currently waiting for Daniel's great work on getting this
maven2 click through functionality working so that we can handle the varying
licensing issues involved.

As for individual features - like what you mentioned in JumpStart - you can
vote if you'd like but it doesn't make it any easier for me to find time to

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Watching with interest...