Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stuart Sierra <ma...@stuartsierra.com> on 2008/09/25 17:33:07 UTC

Bundle upload failed while creating EC2 AMI

Hello, all,
I'm trying to create a custom Hadoop image for EC2.  The scripts in
"src/contrib/ec2" work fine up to the point of uploading the image to
S3.  Here are the last few lines of output:

Uploaded hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.17 to
https://s3.amazonaws.com:443/MY_S3_BUCKET/hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.17.
Uploaded hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.18 to
https://s3.amazonaws.com:443/MY_S3_BUCKET/hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.18.
Uploaded hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.19 to
https://s3.amazonaws.com:443/MY_S3_BUCKET/hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.19.
Bundle upload failed.
Done
Error: failed to upload "/mnt/hadoop-0.18.1-i386.part.20",
Server.InternalError(500): We encountered an internal error. Please
try again.
Client.InvalidManifest: HTTP 404 (Not Found) response for URL
http://s3.amazonaws.com:80/MY_S3_BUCKET/hadoop-0.18.1-i386.manifest.xml:
check your manifest path is correct.

Anybody know what's going on here, or how I can fix it?

Thanks,
-Stuart

Re: Bundle upload failed while creating EC2 AMI

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stuart

I had a comparable problem a few minutes ago and fixed it by adding *"--url
http://s3.amazonaws.com"* to the command ec2-upload-bundle in the script *
create-hadoop-image-remote*

See
http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/thread.jspa?threadID=16543

Maybe try connecting to your remote instance and rerun the last 2
steps of *create-hadoop-image-remote
*manually?

Good luck

Julien