Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/10 16:27:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] How about releasing 0.9.6 and 0.10.0?

Hi all,

Finally there's no critical / blocker issue on 0.10.0 again.
(Thanks Bobby for resolving headache issues!)

And we pushed some bugfix commits into 0.9.x branch which can make users
suffer.

I think we can try to release 0.10.0 for current 0.10.x branch, and 0.9.6
for current 0.9.x branch.

What do you think? Did I miss some issues for 0.10.0 or 0.9.6?

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: [DISCUSS] How about releasing 0.9.6 and 0.10.0?

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Glad to hear it.  We have started rolling 0.10.x out to our clusters at Yahoo we have not hit production yet, so I would expect there to be more follow on JIRA/bug fix releases as we continue the role out, but I hope not to see any new blockers.
 - Bobby

     On Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:48 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I think we are ready to release both. There was one issue in 0.10.0 that I was waiting on, but that's since been closed.

I will prep release candidates early next week.

-Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Taylor,
The patch for blocker is STORM-1106 is merged into master and 0.10.x-branch. So we should be good for release on 0.10.0.
-Kishor

     On Monday, October 12, 2015 11:46 AM, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Thanks for the heads up. I’ll proceed with he 0.9.6 release and hold off on 0.10.0 until STORM-1106 is ready for merge.

-Taylor

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.