Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yun peng <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/10 16:03:59 UTC

How to monitor total disk access in HBase?

Hi, I want to profile the # of disk access (both random and sequential)
issued from HBase (into HDFS). For disk reads, I have tried use
blockCacheMissCount, which seems working. But is it the correct way for
reads (I can't confirmed it from HBase documents)?

For disk writes, I can't find any metrics in HBase. How should one get disk
writes in HBase?

Besides, it's best if I can obtain separate numbers regarding to random
access and sequential access. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Yun

Re: How to monitor total disk access in HBase?

Posted by PG <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, for the suggestions. Will do instrumentation based on JMX.
Regards,
Yun

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
Thanks for bringing 3869 up.  I'll try and get to it as I move the last few
parts of HBase to metrics2.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,