Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/14 22:30:35 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] VelocityTools 1.3 released

I'm pleased to announce the release of VelocityTools 1.3.

There have been many improvements made since the 1.2 release. A key
focus in this version has been ease of use. We've simplified
developing your own tools by eliminating the ViewTool and Configurable
interfaces, and we've simplified the syntax for using many of our
existing tools within Velocity templates to both save keystrokes and
reduce visual clutter.

The distribution also comes with a new "showcase" example webapp that
demonstrates many of the uses of the various tools as well as allowing
you to interactively play with them. Just download the binary
distribution, and deploy the "showcase.war" example to your servlet
container to try it out.

Also included are the usual slate of bug fixes, dependency upgrades,
entirely new tools, and new functions for existing tools. For a full
listing of changes, see the change log.

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/changes.html

VelocityTools 1.3 is available in either source or binary form at:

http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi#tools

For more information about VelocityTools go to:

http://velocity.apache.org/tools/devel/index.html

Nathan Bubna,
on behalf of the Velocity development community.