Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Lucier <rl...@collabria.com> on 2000/11/07 01:44:42 UTC

RE: EJBC Task Exception

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the DDCreator task always refreshing the .ser
files whether or not they are required. It seems to happen because I am
generating the .ser files into a different directory than the original
DD.txt files. Particularly, DDCreatorHelper.java tries to do a timestamp
compare of the .ser and .txt files, but always fails because it is looking
for the .ser file in the same relative directory as the .txt file.

Adding this line:
	    descriptorName = descriptorFile.getName();
directly after line 118 of DDCreatorHelper.java solves the problem by
causing the .ser file to be looked for in the same place that the weblogic
DDCreator creates the .ser file.

Has anyone else run into/solved this problem?

Thanks,

Rob Lucier

RE: EJBC Task Exception

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Rob,

I think I understand what is happening here. I think it stems from the
use of getName in the line

"-outputfile", serFile.getName(),

That effectively flattens the output hierarchy so that all the .ser
files go into the root of the generatedFilesDirectory. The hierarchy
present from the .txt files is lost. The date compare, however, assumes
this hierarchy is in use.

I think the easiest way forward is to make the change you suggest, so
I'll do that now.

A workaround in the meantime is to ensure all your .txt files are in the
root of your hierarchy. When I used to use this task, that was my setup,
so I never encountered this problem.

Conor