Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Norris <CN...@widen.com> on 2005/09/01 21:12:55 UTC

Programmatically adding a binding to a component?

Is there a way to add a binding to a component programmatically?  I see
that there is a setBinding() method in AbsractComponent, but I can't
really figure out how to manually construct an IBinding instance.

Re: Programmatically adding a binding to a component?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's just as well you can't; you don't want to be adding bindings
directly.  The various setter methods exist for the framework, you
should treat components as immutable. This is why its going to be good
for everyone to break the inheretance requirement ... the IComponent
that will be exposed to your peer code will be entirely immutable.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry