Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/06 00:49:13 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by BrianBockelman

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by BrianBockelman:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

     include projects in machine translation, language modeling,
     bioinformatics, email analysis, and image processing.

+  * [http://t2.unl.edu University of Nebraska Lincoln, Research Computing Facility]
+    We currently run one medium-sized Hadoop cluster (200TB) to store and serve up physics data
+    for the computing portion of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment.  This requires a filesystem
+    which can download data at multiple Gbps and process data at an even higher rate locally.  Additionally,
+    several of our students are involved in research projects on Hadoop.
+
   * [http://www.veoh.com Veoh]
    * We use a small Hadoop cluster to reduce usage data for internal metrics, for search indexing and for recommendation data.