Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 08:17:38 UTC

Subversion compared to ....

Every now and then people ask comparing Subversion with some other
tool.
I started to put together a page collecting links to threads and other pages
that compare SVN with some other tool:

http://www.szabgab.com/subversion_vs_xyz.html

Gabor

Re: Subversion compared to ....

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com> writes:
> then it might as well be two pages as actully that pages holds two set of
> information: the comparision and the converting one, I just did not
> want to separate them.

I think it makes sense to have two pages, and they should crosslink
(e.g., the Perforce comparison would crosslink to the Perforce
conversion material, and vice versa).

> Originally I wanted to submit this as patch to FAQ but I had a hard time
> with the few patches I did already send so I decided I start to maintain
> it on my site until I might be able to learn how you want the pacthes to
> look like.

Have you been getting useful feedback?  Are there any questions I can
answer?

> It depends how informally. Some of my friends call me szabgab.
> Did this help ?
> I thought so. You ppl thislike Hungarian notation, don't you. ;-)
>
> So keep it just
>          Gabor

Okay :-).

Re: Subversion compared to ....

Posted by Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com>.
On 25 Jul 2005 10:29:11 -0500, kfogel@collab.net <kf...@collab.net> wrote:> Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com> writes:> > I think it would be great to have this page on the Subversion site.> Would you be willing redo it in the Subversion web page style, and> maintain it in our tree?  I had this URL in mind:> >    http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_comparisions.html> > ...and then our project_links.html page would just link to that.
‎then it might as well be two pages as actully that pages holds two set ofinformation: the comparision and the converting one, I just did not want to separate them.
Originally I wanted to submit this as patch to FAQ but I had a hard timewith the few patches I did already send so I decided I start to maintainit on my site until I might be able to learn how you want the pacthes tolook like.
> > (By the way, is your given name "Gábor" or "Szabó"?  What's the right> way to address you informally? :-) )
It depends how informally. Some of my friends call me szabgab.Did this help ? I thought so. You ppl thislike Hungarian notation, don't you. ;-)
So keep it just         Gabor

Re: Subversion compared to ....

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Gábor Szabó <sz...@gmail.com> writes:
> Every now and then people ask comparing Subversion with some other
> tool.
> I started to put together a page collecting links to threads and other pages
> that compare SVN with some other tool:
>
> http://www.szabgab.com/subversion_vs_xyz.html

Wow, that's very useful!

I think it would be great to have this page on the Subversion site.
Would you be willing redo it in the Subversion web page style, and
maintain it in our tree?  I had this URL in mind:

   http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_comparisions.html

...and then our project_links.html page would just link to that.

(By the way, is your given name "Gábor" or "Szabó"?  What's the right
way to address you informally? :-) )

-Karl