Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Hatewar <vi...@persistent.co.in> on 2007/01/04 06:30:00 UTC

Presentation on Tomcat

Hi All

I am very new to Tomcat and working as a  QA Engineer , I have to deliver
presentation on How web application can be deployed using tomcat , different
configuration files and how they are used . basically I want to cover high
level functional aspect .

Please help me  , as I am hardly acquainted to tomcat .

Thanks & Regards,

  Vijay G Hatewar

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Presentation on Tomcat

Posted by Andre Prasetya <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay

In my opinion, there are some ways to deploy application :
1. By war, using tomcat manager
2. By war, dropping on webapps
3. By classes, drop the folder to webapps (you might got problem in updating
it, as i always got access problem, so i prefer war approach)
4. Using embedded tomcat, i m not sure how to accomplish this as i always
use the ant build.xml that is inherited for every java developer here at
this company

for config file, you might want to look at
1. server.xml
2. context.xml
3. web.xml

Hope this helps,

--
-Andre-

People see things the way they are and say "why ?" I see things that never
were and say "Why not ?"