Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/18 15:28:04 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #438: Implement and enforce product permission policy

On 3/18/13, Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
> #438: Implement and enforce product permission policy
> ---------------------------+---------------------------------
>   Reporter:  olemis        |      Owner:  olemis
>       Type:  task          |     Status:  assigned
>  Component:  multiproduct  |    Version:
> Resolution:                |   Keywords:  permission security
> ---------------------------+---------------------------------
>
> Comment (by jure):
>
>  Patch also breaks dispatching process as
>  `PermissionSystem.get_actions_dict` (that traverses through requestors)
>  attempts to instantiate `ProductEnvironment` w/o product parameter causing
>  `product_env_keymap` to fail in the exact same location as during test
>  suite run. Workaround is to remove `IPermissionRequestor` from the list of
>  interfaces implemented by  `ProductEnvironment`.

I see , and seems to be an error mode caused by a more general issue.

The fact is , how will I know of errors related to request dispatching
? Is there a test case or something that could trigger such error mode
? Maybe the one listed in latest test report [1]_ ? If so I'm aware of
this ... /me fixing ;)

.. [1] http://pastebin.com/XFjv4frV

Olemis.