Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2010/11/17 10:52:23 UTC

Re: POS order

Hi All

I have some questions regarding the pos and the order relations
If I go and open the pos terminal using startofbiz.bat on a windows machine
and chose some products then clicked "save sale"
this means my sales order is successfully completed? how can I make sure?
where can I see that in the database?
Shall I see this order when I go to the order manager? is the order done by
the POS terminal is treated as an order and it's saved in the orderheader
table.

I've tried to make order through POS but I couldn't find it in the order
list in the order manager is that natural or the order I've made through the
POS wasn't successful?

As a matter of fact I don't need all the options found in the POS but I
wanted to skip the shipping steps in the ordinary order screens but I found
that even if I used quick "finalize with default options" I'm asked about
the shipping address of the customer and shipping options ans such staff so
I decided to explore the POS

Also something crossed my mind what if I set the customer in the order entry
screen to "_NA_" will I be able to escape from entering the shipping address
of that customer?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help

Re: POS order

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
POS is Point of sale
which means that you have it in hand to sell.
other wise use the order entry.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shereen sent the following on 11/19/2010 2:29 AM:

Re: POS order

Posted by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com>.
Although something crossed my mind about the order statuses I know it's
completed what if it needs a stock move? will that cause kind of
contradiction
Thanks in advance

Re: POS order

Re: POS order

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>
> Hi All
>
> I have some questions regarding the pos and the order relations
> If I go and open the pos terminal using startofbiz.bat on a windows machine
> and chose some products then clicked "save sale"
> this means my sales order is successfully completed? how can I make sure?
> where can I see that in the database?

Yes, it's an order, look at the Order manager (or if you prefer you can use Entity Maintenance in Webtools)

> Shall I see this order when I go to the order manager? is the order done by
> the POS terminal is treated as an order and it's saved in the orderheader
> table.

Yes. During development stage, I recommend to use startofbizBoth.bat (I did not create the same for sh, but it's easy to do from it)
to make investigations easier.

> I've tried to make order through POS but I couldn't find it in the order
> list in the order manager is that natural or the order I've made through the
> POS wasn't successful?

You should see it. Did you finalize the order (pay for it)? Also, if finalized, the POS ordes are always in the completed state, so
check the check-box...

> As a matter of fact I don't need all the options found in the POS but I
> wanted to skip the shipping steps in the ordinary order screens but I found
> that even if I used quick "finalize with default options" I'm asked about
> the shipping address of the customer and shipping options ans such staff so
> I decided to explore the POS
>
> Also something crossed my mind what if I set the customer in the order entry
> screen to "_NA_" will I be able to escape from entering the shipping address
> of that customer?

By default you don't ask customer information in the POS situation. But you might want to associate a customer (to use promotion
code for instance, or any reasons actually), then use PROMO/CUSTOMER PROFILE buttons

Jacques