Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/02/12 06:09:25 UTC

Minimal Tomcat Size Statistics and other information

I was playing with the minimal-tomcat configuration the other day.  Very nice
work.   I wanted to get an idea of how big the image was and some other
information about it.  After I compiled the information I thought it would be
useful to others as well so I put the current results at:

http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/littleg/Little-GStats.pdf

I also included some other jars that might be removed to further make
minimal-tomcat (aka Little-G) even smaller.

When I figure out how to dump the text out of Keynote I'll do that but since I
have the info I thought it made sense to make it available.  not sure where to
put this kind of info as it get's stale pretty quickly but figured there were
others that were curious as well.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Minimal Tomcat Size Statistics and other information

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Matt,

Thanks for pulling this together.

I put a patch out on Wed. last week (GERONIMO-1613) that removed several
of the jars that you mentioned (most notably derby, wadi, spring, and
some odds and ends) which reduces the disk footprint down to a little
over 21 meg.

In addition I have a local change to remove geronimo-timer and I'm
working on a few others.  I'll put out another patch and JIRA early this
week with those changes.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Minimal Tomcat Size Statistics and other information

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/2/12, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>:
> I was playing with the minimal-tomcat configuration the other day.  Very nice
> work.   I wanted to get an idea of how big the image was and some other
> information about it.  After I compiled the information I thought it would be
> useful to others as well so I put the current results at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/littleg/Little-GStats.pdf

It's very nice and informative. Thanks for sharing it! I think you
could put it somewhere on our website, like presentations or ideas or
both.

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Re: Minimal Tomcat Size Statistics and other information

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Do you happen to have the startup times as well?

- sachin