Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Kopel, Yakov" <yk...@websense.com> on 2011/12/12 09:21:27 UTC

Expose internal Base64 decoding

Why not Expose the internal Base64 decoding like this (in InkAPI.cc):

// Expose internal Base64 decoding
tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len, int *output_len){
        return ink_base64_decode(input, input_len, output_len);
}

tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len, int *output_len){
        return ink_base64_encode(input, input_len, output_len);
}

And also in the declaration file (ts.h):

  // Expose internal Base64 decoding
  tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len, int *output_len);
  tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len, int *output_len);

Regards,
Yakov kopel

YAKOV KOPEL
Software Engineer

SECURITY SOFTWARE WEBSENSE ISRAEL LTD.
ph: +972.9.776.0226
fax:
www.websense.com

Websense TRITON(tm)
For Essential Information Protection(tm)
Web Security | Data Security | Email Security

 Protected by Websense Hosted Email Security -- www.websense.com

Re: Expose internal Base64 decoding

Posted by Igor Galić <ig...@apache.org>.

> >> Why not Expose the internal Base64 decoding like this (in
> >> InkAPI.cc):
> >>
> >> // Expose internal Base64 decoding
> >> tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len, int
> >> *output_len){
> >>          return ink_base64_decode(input, input_len, output_len);
> >> }
> >>
> >> tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len, int
> >> *output_len){
> >>          return ink_base64_encode(input, input_len, output_len);
> >> }
> >>

> >> And also in the declaration file (ts.h):
> >>
> >>    // Expose internal Base64 decoding
> >>    tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len,
> >>    int
> >>    *output_len);
> >>    tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len,
> >>    int
> >>    *output_len);
> > +1 for patches and Jira
>

> While we're at it, perhaps we should do
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-254 too ? And with we, I
> mean you.

ACK

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <le...@ogre.com>.

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> Why not Expose the internal Base64 decoding like this (in InkAPI.cc):
>
> // Expose internal Base64 decoding
> tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len, int
> *output_len){
>         return ink_base64_decode(input, input_len, output_len);
> }
>
> tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len, int
> *output_len){
>         return ink_base64_encode(input, input_len, output_len);
> }
>

> And also in the declaration file (ts.h):
>
>   // Expose internal Base64 decoding
>   tsapi char * TSbase64Decode(const char * input, int input_len, int
>   *output_len);
>   tsapi char * TSbase64Eecode(const char * input, int input_len, int
>   *output_len);

+1 for patches and Jira

--
Igor Galić