Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2009/12/14 08:54:14 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Release SMX 3.3.2 and SMX 4.1 this month

Hi gentlemen,

Yesterday I have upgraded SMX resources (component, feature, etc) to use
Apache Camel 2.1 as it has been released.

I think that we are not so far from a new SMX 3.3.2 and 4.1 release.

I propose the following steps:

1/ I begin to prepare the 2009.02 components release. It includes:
- component-pom 4
- jbi-maven-plugin 4.2
These artifacts will be submit to a first vote.
- all components 2009.02
All components artifacts will be submit to a second vote.

1 bis/ in the same time, I try to build a SMX 4.1-SNAPSHOT assembly
using Karaf 1.2.0 and perform some test to check how it runs.

2/ once these steps 1 and 1 bis have been performed, we can upgrade the
smx 3 and smx 4 POMs to use the previously released components.
Two votes will be submitted: one for SMX3 and another one for SMX4.

What do you think about that ?

Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release SMX 3.3.2 and SMX 4.1 this month

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

The only way to handle this scenario now is by removing the snapshot
jar from the system folder or by doing an osgi:update <id> <a
non-maven bundle location>.

We might be able to tweak FileInstall to somehow ignore the file in
system if a newer snapshot version is put in the deploy folder, but
I'd have to look into how we can do that (tweak the mvn: url handler
to ignore the the one file in the repo or, probably easier, update the
bundle from the alternative location.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
I have prepare patch for karaf and servicemix in order to use same version
of servicemix jetty bundle between karaf, SMX and camel and use http vesion
of karaf instead of web, web-core of SMX based on old version of PAX-WEB

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1949

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-446

Feel free to use them in the next build

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.