Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sakthi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/29 19:17:15 UTC

HBase Website Cleanup task

Hello all,

The most recent (and many of the previous) "*HBase Website Link Checker*"
job of ours has reported several issues with the website. The job takes
roughly 20+ hours to finish and has reported "*1458 missing files*" and "*7143
missing named anchors*".

*Quick facts:* Of the 1400+ missing files issues, around 1200 are from 1.2,
90 from 0.94, 40 from 2.0, 30 from 2.1 and rest from the master.

I have filed an *Umbrella JIRA:* HBASE-21803
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-21803> ("HBase Website
Cleanup"). If folks find any other website related issues that we would
like to address, we can use this umbrella to track it.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Regards,
Sakthi

Re: HBase Website Cleanup task

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
I haven't found any simple way how we could add canonical links to javadoc.
It is difficult to achieve because the content needs to be compared between
versions and canonical link is only applicable when the these are
identical. Moving classes to different packages from version A to B
introduces additional complexity. I created HBASE-21869 to track this work.

Regarding the 0.94 removal I created a PR to hbase-site repository with new
.htaccess rules. See: https://github.com/apache/hbase-site/pull/1

Posted by Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
That's a very good point Nick!