Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rosenbaum, Larry M." <ro...@ornl.gov> on 2006/04/11 16:15:45 UTC

sa-update fails with "SHA1 verification failed"

I upgraded a Solaris 9 system from v3.1.0 to v3.1.1.  The upgrade went
fine, but when I attempted to run sa-update, I got the following error:

# sa-update
sa-update: importing default keyring to
'/etc/mail/spamassassin//sa-update-keys'...
error: can't verify SHA1 signature
channel: SHA1 verification failed, channel failed

At this point the
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/updates_spamassassin_org directory was
empty, but SpamAssassin was still trying to use it for its default
rules.  Fortunately, when I repeated the sa-update command, it worked
properly - well at least it didn't show error messages, and the rule
directory was properly populated.  Any ideas what was wrong?  Is it
really OK now?

Thanks, Larry

Re: sa-update fails with "SHA1 verification failed"

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 10:15:45AM -0400, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
> # sa-update
> error: can't verify SHA1 signature
> channel: SHA1 verification failed, channel failed
>
> At this point the
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001001/updates_spamassassin_org directory was
> empty, but SpamAssassin was still trying to use it for its default
> rules.  Fortunately, when I repeated the sa-update command, it worked
> properly - well at least it didn't show error messages, and the rule

I've noticed that sometimes the mirror will serve up a corrupted file.
A few days ago it took sa-update four runs to finally download the update,
after dealing with timeouts and corrupted files.  I think we need to come up
with a better set of servers to mirror out the updates. :(

> directory was properly populated.  Any ideas what was wrong?  Is it
> really OK now?

If sa-update installed the update, things are fine.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Don't mock the cookie." - Jackie Chan Adventures