Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 21:45:01 UTC

Re: Limited subdirectory access

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 15:39, K F <cm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have repo ABC with 40+ subdirectories. Current svn security allows developers rw permissions and qa read only to ABC. We would like to have a subgroup of dev to have access to subdirectory DEF (ABC/DEF). Is there a way of doing this, or does the parent directory access take precedent?

The most specific path matches first. Just add a rule for that
subgroup to have access to ABC/DEF and they'll be set.

RE: Limited subdirectory access

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Ok... so you are using svnserve. For some reason your auth file isn't being read. What does your config file look like?

BOb

Re: Limited subdirectory access

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Bob Archer wrote on Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:50:45 -0500:
> Are you restarting svnserver after you make config/auth file changes?
> Previous emails you talked about restarting apache.. but if you use
> the svn:// protocol you are NOT using Apache.

Last I checked it wasn't necessary to restart svnserve to effect config
file changes.

(I don't recall whether that applies both to the config file and to
referenced files such as the authz file.)

RE: Limited subdirectory access

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.

> > > and I can still commit. So does that point to an
> error
> > in svnserve.conf?
> > >

> > Yes, something is not configured properly. You are
> using the
> > svn:// protocol to access your repository?
> >
> > BOb
> >

> > > --- On Tue, 1/31/12, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>

> > "users@subversion.apache.org"
> > "Thorsten Schöning"

> > sensitive, so is the path

> just
> > give all users read
> is
> > working at all?

> your
> > authentication is

> If I understand the question, yes. For the dir in question
> it is
>
> svn://subversion/svnrepo/sandbox/DEF

I discovered what MY issue was. In the svnserve.conf file there were duplicate entries for

anon-access =
auth-access =

Once I removed the duplicate entries and just had

anon-access = none
auth-access = write

it started working as it should have. Thank you all for your patience and help. The whole thing was a learning process for me.

Rich

RE: Limited subdirectory access

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.
I tried your suggestion of

[/]

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.
I had already tried

[/DEF]
@dev = r
@dev1 = rw

and that did not work.

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag K F,

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Johan Corveleyn wrote on Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 23:13:17 +0100:
> Can you check if order of the rules matters? Either putting this rule
> with [ABC:/DEF] before or after the other one (for [ABC:/]). I'm not
> sure, but I vaguely remember some prior discussion about this ...

Aren't they parsed into a hash?

Anyway: [foo:/bar] has priority over [/bar].

Re: Limited subdirectory access

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by K F <cm...@yahoo.com>.