Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sushil Vegad <vs...@serebrum.com> on 2009/01/02 18:03:49 UTC

Highlighting not working

Hi,
I cant get highlighting to work. I tried everything mentioned about it on
the forum. PLEASE HELP...

We use solrJ; search a field called content, it is the default search field,
indexed and stored. Its type is text, has analyzer associated with it. There
is no uniqueKey in the schema

SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
query.setHighlight(true);
query.setQuery(queryStr);

When this query is fired, it throws the exception below that says "Message:
requires 'name' attribute: lst". What am I doing wrong? I have attached the
solrconfig.xml for your reference.

THANK YOU.

The exception trace is:

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing query
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:88)
	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:126)
	at test.Client.main(Client.java:143)

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: parsing error
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.processResponse(XMLResponseParser.java:140)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.processResponse(XMLResponseParser.java:106)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:427)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:206)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:84)
	... 2 more
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at
[row,col]:[3,1440]
Message: requires 'name' attribute: lst
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.readNamedList(XMLResponseParser.java:284)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.readNamedList(XMLResponseParser.java:291)
	at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.processResponse(XMLResponseParser.java:127)
http://www.nabble.com/file/p21254049/solrconfig.xml solrconfig.xml

Re: Highlighting not working

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
The problem here seems to be that SolrJ can't parse the XML response
comming back from your solr server ... can you check your servlet
container logs and let us know:

1) exactly what URL it says SolrJ is hitting.
2) the response you get when you hit that same url in your browser?

: Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at
: [row,col]:[3,1440]
: Message: requires 'name' attribute: lst
: 	at
: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.XMLResponseParser.readNamedList(XMLResponseParser.java:284)

-Hoss