Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Fabien COPPENS <fa...@fisystem.com> on 2001/11/20 18:06:44 UTC

integrating apps (forum,chat) inside portlets

Hi all.
A question from a very new user :
how would you evaluate the difficulty of integrating external
open-source
applications such as Jive forum or jzchat as portlets inside Jetspeed ?
The above apps have their own way of managing their users and
authentication
with their own DB model. How can one get a portal with these
apps seamlessly integrated ?
Thanks.

Fabien

Re: integrating apps (forum,chat) inside portlets

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
I got difficulty to integrate several module to Jetspeed, :(

I create a pure new system, and call it by a simple .jsp afterthat I save in
templates/jsp folder.

Try it..

My JEtspeed environment use HyperSonic, my new system using MySQL.

Work well.. but problem still in extending and reading. Is the status is
logged in or not.. i still work on it.

Frans